Pages

Saturday 9 March 2013

What every teacher in NZ should have. Digitally speaking!


This is my list of ICT tools that every teacher must have, in every class, in every school.
1. A RSS reader like Google reader to collect new articles from webites that they like
2. A digital curation tool like Diigo, or Evernote so that every website or online article that they ever find, and go WOW!, can be stored for future reference.

3. A Youtube channel so they can save all videos that they use (or create) to playlists which are readily available.
4. An online educational community where they can ask questions, answer questions and receive great advice and pd like SimpleK12.
5. A Twitter account which they can tweet away their discoveries and find all the PD they would want 24/7
6. An e-portfolio where they can record their pd and their career highlights and create a CV with digital evidence.
7. An online collaborative site where they can work on shared documents like Google Drive
8. Access to resources for their teaching and learning, and pd records, 24/7 is this N4L?
9. A video camera and still camera, and phone all in one
 10 A reliable tablet (i-pad preferred)and VGA cable to connect to a digital projector and screen.
 And, did I say, they should know how to use them all as well. Is there anything you would add?

4 comments:

  1. Agreed. Teachers showing that they are willing to continue learning. Teachers having their own eportfolio so they know what they are asking their children to create.

    How many educators ask an eportfolio from their students but do not have one of their own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I add: choose a good browser and personalise it so that all the above are only a tab away? Maybe old hat but I always go back to laptop use after all the collecting and creating to organise my stuff. Good idea this list Leigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas here!! Pinterest might be another good tool?
    Eportfolio is such a great tool I'm just getting mine up and running.. oh the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Pascale, I wouldnt be without my Chrome all beautifully coloured up and with the necessary extensions, and a homepage all how I like it.. I am going to lose my igoogle in November, what were they thinking? Personalised internet access and email were a given!
    And, yes, Kaela, Pinterest could be added to number two.. it is a great curation tool.. should have added Scoop too. I am sue others have their favourites!. Keep the suggestions coming!

    ReplyDelete